Gambling the Aisle Chapbook Prize
Gambling the Aisle is happy to announce our first chapbook contest. It is open for both fiction and poetry submissions.
Prize: Publication, 25 copies (sent upon publication). Five runners-up will receive recognition in the winter edition of Gambling the Aisle, a free copy of both the winter issue and of the winning chapbook.
Judges: The Gambling the Aisle editors will select the winner and runners-up in November.
Entry Fee: $12
Submission Deadline: October 31
- Fiction or poetry can be entered.
- Length: 16 to 36 pages
- All submissions should be complete with a title page, table of contents, and if needed, an acknowledgement page. These pages do not count towards the page limit. ·
- Individual poems/stories that have been previously published are acceptable; however, this should be the first time they are printed as a collection. Self-published or previously published collections are ineligible. Longer, chapbook-length stories that have been previously published are also ineligible.
- Writers who are affiliated with the Gambling the Aisle editors or staff are ineligible to enter.
- You may submit more than one entry; however, the fee must be paid for each entry. ·
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept submissions that incorporate visual images. ·
- All entries should be single spaced, using 12 point font (unless form is relevant to the work’s presentation). Your name should only appear on the title page.
- Please include a bio.
- Simultaneous submissions are acceptable and encouraged, but please notify us by withdrawing your manuscript on Submittable immediately if it is accepted for publication elsewhere.
Submit through Submittable: https://gamblingtheaisle.submittable.com/submit